Monday 17 June 2013

SO LONG ADEDIMEJI 'DEJA VU' ADENEKAN!

                

               It is true that I am back with my pen to paper and its not because I have an idea for the best article to be written for people to read and shower me with accolades but for being lost in thoughts to express my sorrow over the passing away of Dimeji Adenekan. When it comes to matters of the heart,I always believed I had a heart of stone until I heard the crushing news of your death that left my heart in shatters. My emotions are high up in heaven with you as your journey to yonder mystifies my soul.
                 
             Today I got to realise when the world go silent on you,the life in your grip walks away without a sense of remorse for the pain your family will feel neither an atom of respect for the good times you have shared with friends on earth. Once the eyes is closed and the soul rises to God,all you have lived for reckons with reality no more,I feel blood rushing to my heart,my heart beating so fast for I know that the fear of the unknown is the reason we live a day at a time. Took the cheer left in my heart to walk out to my compound and there I had a chair to sit on,I watched the birds fly,felt the breeze blow,saw the trees move,then I realised what an amazing person this beautiful world had lost.
                
             Adedimeji Adenekan a.k.a Deja Vu wasn't the greatest man to have ever lived nor the richest man to grace the pages of forbes but he was my good friend which I spent my defining phase of life back in Federal Government College Odogbolu for six(6) years with. If I tell you that my heart shivers in pain and guilt,it is because for twelve years after we left F.E.G.O,I never set my eyes on you until now that the world mourns your departure.
               
           Wish I had someone to define the reason the most precious of people have to leave so soon. I have been reading friends and family's condolences all day praying that you rest in peace,our solace is that our prayers have been answered and now you are resting away from all the struggles and troubles of this world. Even as your death has come to everyone as a shock and a painful one at that,I am proud to have known you through all these years and shared a lifetime with you. You are gone forever but never dead in our hearts,so long Adedimeji the irreplaceable son of Adenekan.

4 comments:

Bukoye said...

REST IN PEACE BRO!!!

Anonymous said...

Dejavu,continue to rest in peace. I remember d chat we had d last time I saw u in Abj. I never knew dat was d last I'll see of you.

Anonymous said...

Dimeji we love you, but God loves u more. Rest in Peace.

Anonymous said...

Dimeji we love u, but God loves you more. Rest in Peace.