Tuesday 12 February 2013

EASY ON ME!

   After all said and done,it is true that the heart is the strongest arm in the whole world to shoulder every burden encountered in life,how we treat it,is of utmost concern because it keeps beating to keep us alive through thick and thin.What is of shame to you,that you think there isn't any honour to live for? Where have you found disappointment,that you have finally lost hope in delight? How do you measure your state of doom? As you are about to watch your good fortune slip through.Believe me my good friend,it is not time to let-go of that glimmer of hope that kept you alive till now,do not trust in that situation that baffles you,Ask yourself! Why are you so down cast oh my soul? Be quick to speak but be slow to hear,because it always replies,saying! I see that peace of mind still ahead,please tread softly for us to live happily ever after.
     I heard you say,that your heart is in custody of unbearable pain and upset,yet you have refused to stand UP from that remorse state of mind to SET your feet on the solid ground of happiness, I am not writing to you from a preacher's note but from a heart that has been in grief,toiled with and adversely trampled upon and yet it finds it compulsory to live yet another day in pure bliss.
        I am glad to let you know that I have always found solace in a song 'it is well with my soul' not because of its melody,neither because of its lyrics,it has nothing to do with all of that,but because of the inspiring story behind it. The hymn was penned by Horatio Spafford after a series of suffering in his life,1871 marked the death of his only son at the age of four,followed by the burn down of his properties by the then GREAT FIRE OF CHIGACO which finacially ruined him,Horiato's business interests were further affected by economic downturn in 1873,In a bid to travel to europe with his family he got delayed by business zoning problems due to the fire that burnt his properties and he had to send his family ahead of him,As his family crossed the atlantic,they had a collision with a sea vessel and all four of Spafford's daughters died but his wife survived and later sent him a telegram 'saved alone',and as he travelled to meet with his grieving wife passing through where his daughters had died,Spafford was inspired to write 'IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL' written thus
It Is Well With My Soul
When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to know,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Refrain:
It is well, (it is well),
With my soul, (with my soul)
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life,
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
But Lord, 'tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul.
And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.
Horatio Spafford.
       Let your heart be lifted not only in hope,but also assurance that you must overcome because where there is life,there is hope.I hear your heart whispering,Please go easy on me.

No comments: