Wednesday 21 August 2013

THE HEART'S PRAYER

      



                   Humbly,like a praying nun,I go down on my kneels as I clench my two palms right in front of my forehead and slowly close my eyes as I begin to whisper words in prayer for you all,I mean strangers I met here on earth that I have made my friends and brothers,guests I daily share the air I breathe with that have become my companions and sisters. Caught in the web of sober reflections,I decided to recite the Lord's prayer and as my lips arises with his words in my heart,I began to say 'I am not worthy kneeling before you,for I am red as scarlet yet brethren of the gospel seem to spread the word and not the care so I plea you hear my cry from the other side,our land is desolate while my people hunger for comfort and that has daily made us take refuge in the hope that we are still alive,please fill our land with comfort,establish peace within us to live together in harmony and to love our neighbours without a broken heart,give us wings to soar above evil and lead our deeds to where goodness breeds. 
               
             Draw us nearer oh Lord! for where your will reigns our hearts will live,give us the strength to carry our brothers to the shores in the storm of life and help us shoulder our sisters in dire situations,what a man sows so he shall reap,let every human receive the reward of his doing as he truly deserves,uplift every shortcomings into greater heights and rule over our drought with abundant rain,be the river that quenches every fire of grief and let your joy flow within us,let we not work in vain for we are trees planted by the river,we cannot stop to ask why the end of a man is death and this is the reason I pray you keep our life with you in eternity by your right hand side,shelter our worries in your loving heart and proclaim your protection over us when the evil man comes and we have no gun,embrace our needs with your all sufficient arms for we thirst for a good living,beautify our garden of illness with flowers of healing and keep our eyes bright like the sun for it is the light of the body,be our defence when the wicked strikes with their tongues and solace where every man has been hurt,grant us vigour to enjoy the splendour of life. Take us to the realm where fairy darts of the wicked cannot manifest,I have countless requests to ask of you Lord but this prayer I have carefully made that you may grant unto us,for we are your special people,a chosen generation to declare your glory,royal ambassadors reconciled for your sake and end-time warriors destined to win over your blessings for men'.



2 comments:

Leron said...

This is inspiring! God bless you for this piece. Keep up the good work. Everyone should read this.

Unknown said...

Keep it up Toye